What do you need to know when entering Armenia?
The following goods for personal use (based on one person) are allowed to be imported by air into the customs territory of the EAEU without paying customs duties and taxes:
1. Goods transported in accompanied and unaccompanied luggage (with the exception of ethyl alcohol, alcoholic beverages, beer), the cost of which does not exceed 10,000 euros, and weight does not exceed 50 kg including tobacco and tobacco products with the following quantities:
- 200 cigarettes
- or 50 cigars (cigarilla)
- or 250 grams of cigarettes
- or an assortment of the mentioned products with a total weight of not more than 250 grams
2. Alcoholic beverages and beer imported in accompanied and unaccompanied luggage - 3 liters. Care should be taken on the fact that when importing more than 3 liters, but not more than 5 liters of alcoholic beverages and beer, in terms of exceeding 3 liters of the quantitative norm, customs duties and taxes levied at a single rate of 10 euros per 1 liter are subject to payment.
Important: Alcoholic beverages and tobacco products can be transported only by people over 18 years old.
Transferring cash and monetary instruments
Cash and traveler's checks are subject to declaration, if during one-time import into the customs territory of the EAEU or one-time export from the customs territory of the EAEU, their total amount exceeds the amount of 10,000 US dollars at the exchange rate effective on the day of submission of the passenger customs declaration to the customs authority.
Monetary instruments, with the exception of traveler's checks, are subject to customs declaration regardless of the transferring value.
Cash and monetary instruments, regardless of value and weight, are transferred without paying customs duties and taxes.
During the one-time transferring of cash and monetary instruments exceeding the amount equivalent to 100,000 US dollars at the exchange rate effective on the day of submission of the passenger customs declaration to the customs authority, simultaneously with the submission of the passenger customs declaration, an individual must submit documents confirming the origin of these funds.
Q. How much does it cost to use carts at “Zvartnots” International Airport?
A. The carts are free of charge.
Q. Where can I obtain ground transportation from “Zvartnots” International Airport, via shuttle or taxi?
A. Both taxis and shuttle buses are available at the arrival zone of the airport terminal, at the exit from the baggage claim area.
Q. During what hours taxi and shuttle bus services are available at “Zvartnots” Airport?
A. Taxi service is available 24 hours per day. From 07:00 to 22:00 the shuttle buses run every 30 minutes.
Q. How much does a taxi ride cost? Are preliminary reservations required?
A. The costs vary depending on destination. For more information please visit the below-mentioned page:
Q. How much does the bus fare cost? How can I make the payment for the toll?
А. The one-way cost is AMD 300 per person. The payment should be made in cash in AMD.
Q. Where can I leave my car at “Zvartnots” International airport?
A. The parking of the Terminal has a capacity to accommodate 600 cars. For the detailed information about the prices for parking, please visit the below-mentioned page:
Q. What kind of payment is accepted at the parking place?
A. The payment at the cashier points is accepted in cash and via credit card. There are also payment terminals, placed on the territory of the airport.
Q. When and within what timeframe I can get a Visa?
A. Should you need any information relating to visa issuance procedures, please visit the following page:
Q. What method of payment is applicable and how much is the visa fee?
A. The payment for visas is accepted only in RA Drams as follows:
- Visitor, single entry visa, for up to 120 days of stay— AMD 15.000,
- Visitor, single entry visa, for up to 21 days of stay– AMD 3.000 per visitor,
- Transit, single entry visa–AMD 10.000,
- Children under 18 for all types of visas—free of charge.
VISA GIVEN FOR THE PERIOD OF 120, 21 AND 3 DAYS CAN BE PROLONGED ONLY IN THE PASSPORT AND VISA DEPARTMENT SITUATED IN DAVTASHEN, 4TH DISTRICT, 17/10. IF THE VISA IS WITHOUT VALIDITY THE CITIZEN WILL BE LEVIED ADMINISTRATIVE FINE IN THE AMOUNT OF AMD 50.000-100.000 (ACCORDING TO CODE 201 VIOLATIONS OF ADMINISTRATIVE RIGHTS) AND WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO COME TO ARMENIA FOR ONE YEAR.
VISA TERM CANNOT BE PROLONGED IN "ZVARTNOTS" AIRPORT.
Q. What does the VIP Service include?
A. “Armenia” International Airports” Commercial VIP Lounge Service Includes:
- dedicated check-in desk,
- complimentary baggage porter service (to/from VIP lounge to VIP parking)
- complimentary tea (no limits) at the arrival waiting lounge (sterile area)
- complimentary coffee (no limits) at the arrival waiting lounge (sterile area)
- complimentary fresh fruits
- complimentary alcohol beverages
- complimentary one soft drink (where available).
Q. How much does VIP service cost in “Zvartnots” Airport?
A. The fee charged for VIP service is AMD 70.000 (children under 6 years old are served free of charge).
Check-in at the VIP Lounge, accompanying to the border control post, Business Lounge access authorization (the passenger passes security, passport control and gets on the plane on his own) is AMD 40.000 per passenger (children under 2 years old are served free of charge, full charge is applied for children from 2 years old).
Q. How can I request а VIP service?
A. For reservations, please, contact VIP Lounge Reception at +374 10 493000 ext. 7246 and 7292 (for payment information) or at +374 77 229114 . Also, you can request this service ONLINE visitng the below mentioned page:
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. How can I pay for the VIP service?
A. Payment should be made before VIP service provision in Armenian drams, in cash or via credit card. You can exchange your foreign currency at any bank operating at the airport or using the foreign currency exchange machines.
You can also make the ONLINE payment by visiting the below-mentioned page:
Q. How much does the baggage packing cost?
A. The baggage packing costs AMD 1.500.
Q. Is there a baggage storage at Zvartnots airport?
A. There is a baggage storage room at “Zvartnots” International airport which is located in the public area of Arrival Hall. The cost of storage for up to 24 hours is AMD 3.000 per 1 bag.